Human Rights Statement
Altisource’s corporate culture respects internationally recognized human rights. This statement reaffirms Altisource’s position with regard to human rights principles.
Altisource’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics states that Altisource is “committed to the highest standards of business conduct in our relationships with each other and with our customers/clients, suppliers, shareholders and others. This requires that we conduct our business in accordance with the highest standards of business ethics, in addition to compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.”
Consistent with the principles set forth in Altisource’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other policies and procedures, Altisource respects human rights and prohibits forced labor, child labor and unlawful discrimination.
Altisource’s commitment to human rights applies to all persons involved in the company’s business including directors, officers, employees, temporary staff, contractors and suppliers.
Altisource strives to operate its business in accordance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as well as other international conventions and standards, including the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
Altisource is committed to embed respect for human rights into its business operations. To achieve this goal, Altisource will strive to:
• Adhere to applicable laws intended to promote human rights across its different locations
• Act with integrity and promote ethical business practices and measures intended to prevent the risk of corruption and bribery in its operations
• Provide equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or other characteristic protected by law
• Comply with applicable occupational safety and health best practices designed to prevent workplace accidents and excessive working hours
• Facilitate employees’ access to basic physical comforts such as access to clean drinking water (a fundamental human right) and toilets in the Company’s facilities
• Provide a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of protected characteristics
• Provide a safe and healthy workplace and build socially responsible businesses where women and minorities can participate on an equal basis
• Implement security measures and arrangements that remain compliant with applicable human rights laws and relevant standards and guidelines, and respect the rights of those covered by our security arrangements
• Respect all applicable legal rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining as applicable in the different locations where it operates
• Maintain a responsible approach to redundancies and organizational changes
• Create a positive impact for the communities where Altisource operates and serves, and undertake corporate responsibility and environmental responsibility initiatives
• Conduct due diligence and establish processes to help avoid exploitation via slavery, forced labor, human trafficking and child labor
• Train its workforce on the importance of legal and ethical conduct, non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity, encouraging them to speak up about any concerns they may have
• Protect the security of data it holds concerning its employees, customers and suppliers, and comply with all applicable privacy requirements concerning the same
• Promote and uphold these values among Altisource’s suppliers and business partners
New vendors and suppliers are generally asked about their human rights policies during the onboarding phase, vendors without a human rights policy are generally requested to confirm that they will comply with this document.
Altisource’s Board of Directors is responsible for reviewing and updating this document. Altisource encourages its stakeholders to contact its Corporate Secretary at CorporateSecretary@altisource.com in case they have any recommendation or suggestion for further improving or implementing Altisource’s human rights commitments.
Please contact Altisource using the contact form available at http://www.openboard.info/asps/ for reporting any violation by its associates, partners or suppliers to the letter or spirit of this statement.
Altisource reserves the right to amend this statement at any time without notice. This document does not create any contractual or other legal right in behalf of any party.